Software Developer Job Opening in Newport News
Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. (LME). has an immediate job opening for a Software Developer. The Liebherr Group’s Mining division supplies the international mining industry with large machines for the extraction of raw materials in open-cast mining environments. Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. (LME) is responsible for the design, manufacture, sales and service of large scale diesel electric AC and DC haul trucks at its facility based in Newport News, VA.
Newport News, VA Software Developer Job Responsibilities:
The successful job applicant for this software developer position:
- Creates the algorithms and code necessary to control mining haul truck functions.
- Creates the documentation necessary to describe the software logic flow and architecture.
- Works with Control Engineers to specify proper control components (PLC’s, mobile computers, HMI, and other associated hardware).
- Investigates and test vendors' products.
- Works independently and as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
- Works along with other Engineers to design, install, test, analyze, and maintain the software required to control electrical products, equipment, and systems to meet requirements.
- Works along with other Engineers to research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data.
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Participates in Engineering Development Program.
Newport News Software Developer Job Competencies/Education/Requirements:
The qualified job candidate will have:
- Knowledge of software programming tools (ex. CoDeSys, C++, etc.).
- Knowledge of communication protocols (ex. RS232, CanOpen, J1939, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals, software specifications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BSEE/EET, BSCE) with two years of programming experience in an engineering environment; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% to customer or supplier sites.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain driver’s license and passport.
Newport News Software Developer Job Compensation:
- An Interesting and responsible role in a successful company.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Apply online to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer