Regional Sales Manager Job Opening in Newport News
Liebherr USA, Co. – Concrete Technology Division has an immediate job opening for a Regional Sales Manager in Newport News, Virginia. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the development and management of marketing and sales activities in the western region for the Concrete Technology Division in the USA.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops and manages account customers either directly or in cooperation with Distributors and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Creates leads, prepares and submits quotes, follows up and negotiates with customers until orders are received.
- Creates local and regional marketing plan and supports the sales strategy for the region, while ensuring alignment with the Concrete Technology Division’s strategic goals.
- Approaches existing and potential customers to provide technical and pricing information regarding pumps and mixing technology products to facilitate sales growth throughout the region.
- Represents Company at trade association meetings and/or industry events to promote products.
- Meets established sales quotas and revenue goals and provide frequent and accurate forecasts and sales reports.
- Visits qualified customers on a regular basis.
- Provides management accurate and timely assessments and reports on market conditions, including product developments, market shares, market prices, competition activities. potential/current customers and competitors; etc.
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate sales network.
- Oversees the technical integration of Liebherr Concrete Pumps and Mixing Technology into the North
American market, including adaption to applicable local US standards.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Demonstrates strong selling techniques, the ability to close sales and makes sales that meet customer needs. Demonstrates sound judgment on field assignments ranging from dealer locations to customer job sites
- Keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and political factors that may impact the goals of the organization
- Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution
- Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise
- Has a good understanding of the product line and sells the product that will best meet the customer's needs
- Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals.
- Knowledge of processing tools and demonstrated ability with MS Office Suite
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University in a related Engineering or Business discipline and three (3) to five (5) years of sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience equivalent to 8 or more years in a Sales, Sales Support, Business Development and/or Product Management role with similar products.
- Travel domestically 60-70% and internationally occasionally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
Apply online at www2.ourcareerplace.com/LiebherrRSM
Liebherr USA, Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.